Friday, October 27, 2006

Well I have done it, i swore in as a Peace Corps Volunteer.....again. It was nice to end training.....again, but now it is over and all that boring stuff is behind me. Now I can go out to my site and start working......again. I am really excited about getting back into the Peace Corps life, when we are in training life is very regimented (if that is the right word) and most of the days are filled with activities even if they are extremely reduntant. Actually it reminds me of college, if you can jump through the hoops then you will make it. Well anyways I am happy that i can now do what I came here to do.
Swearing in was really fun, we had it at the Panama Canal Museum which is a nice place. It is located in the old part of the city, it really reminded me of Buenos Aires all of the colorful buildings. Afterwards we went to our program managers house (my boss so to speak), it was just us the Enviromental Health group, there are sixteen of us. There are more like thirty in the group but the other half are business volunteers. His house is really nice, it is downtown in a high rise. He is a former volunteer from El Salvador, so he is loving life here in panama. Anyways, we all made dinner together, burritos that is. You never realize how much you love Mexican food until you cant have it for more than a month or two. After that we went out for a night on the city, let me tell you they know how to do it down here. There is a reason they call this place the Miami of Latin America. So we had a good time and met up the other volunteer that are currently serving in country.
So now we are going on our honeymoon so to speak. We have a bunch of really nice cabanas reserved on the Pacific Coast to the west. So we will be staying on the beach for the next couple of days, but that really doesnt matter for me because I live on the coast now! I guess it will be a little different because i will be on the pacific coast which has other things to offer than the carribean. Isnt that kind of cool, I can spend consecutive weekends on two different oceans, the carribean and the pacific, i am not sure that it gets much better than this. I guess i have already down it twice since i have been down here, but it is not something that gets old very quick.
That is pretty much it from here, life is good and i really cant ask for much more (except for maybe a pair of Chaco sandals). Anyways hope all is well back in the states, i will be posting again in a week or two so stay tuned, next time i should have some pictures from swearing in as well as my site.
Hatwyaita Mroko (Ngabere for goodbye y'all)
Panama Jack

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home